NMPAT employs experienced class teachers who can be offered to your school to provide whole class national curriculum music teaching for Key Stages 1 to 5 and support for Early Years and Foundation Stage.
Fees and charges
The hourly rate for whole class curriculum teaching will be £46 per hour. Number of weeks by negotiation, but staff are usually available for the full year and can be booked for additional weeks by liaison with the teacher and NMPAT office.
See our Terms and Conditions and General Expectations for Partnership working, for further information.
Contact, support and advice
If you would like support in this area for 2019 to 2020 please contact Chris Hiscock by Friday 17 May 2019 CHiscock@nmpat.co.uk. We anticipate that demand will exceed supply.
Specific expectations for schools requiring national curriculum classroom teaching
To enable effective practice, schools must provide a context and suitable learning environment for classroom lessons to take place by:
- providing an appropriate classroom for music making to take place
- providing an appropriate range of pitched, unpitched classroom instruments, sound makers and beaters along with their location
- providing access to white / smart board technology and speakers
- providing internet access, Wi-Fi codes and any possible limitations e.g. filters
- liaising with the teacher about any specific requirements connected with the curriculum, to enable effective planning to be carried out e.g. termly topics or cross curricular themes
- providing class registers
- providing a TA who knows the class to advise on specific pupil issues and the implementation of the school behaviour policy
- advising the music teacher about any pupils with special learning needs, which may affect the learning of those pupils
- informing the music teacher who is the school’s child protection and safeguarding, designated person and providing a school policy