NMPAT is proud to work in partnership with a wide range of organisations who make up the Northamptonshire Music Education Hub.
Music Education Hubs East Midlands
NMPAT and Rutland Music are members of the consortium of East Midlands Music Education Hubs, which meet regularly as the East Midlands Music Mark Heads of Service and co-operate on collaborative projects where this is mutually beneficial. In particular, there is a consortium-wide approach to the delivery of the Certificate of Music Educators (CME)/
The member organisations are:
- Derbyshire MEH – lead partner Derby & Derbyshire Music Partnership
- Leicestershire MEH – lead partner Leicestershire Schools Music Service
- Lincolnshire Music and Arts Education Hub – lead partner Lincolnshire Music Service
- Northamptonshire MEH – lead partner Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust
- Nottingham Music Hub – lead partner Nottingham Music Service
- Nottinghamshire MEH – lead partner Nottinghamshire County Council
- Rutland Music – lead partner Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust
Learn more by visiting the MEHEM website.
Music Mark (the UK Association for Music Education)
NMPAT is a member of Music Mark (The UK Association for Music Education). Music Mark was formed in 2013 out of the merger of the former Federation of Music Services (FMS) and the National Association of Music Educators (NAME).
Music Mark advocacy statement
Music Mark believes in the fundamental right of a first-class music education for all children and young people, in and out of their schools. We call upon key decision makers in central and local government and all who hold a stake in the strategic planning and operational delivery of music education to support us in continuing to raise the status and value of music in a broad and balanced education through:
- Continuing and enhanced ring-fenced government funding for music education to ensure that the National Plan for Music Education can be fully implemented and achieved by 2020
- Continuing and enhanced support from local authorities and other bodies to exercise their civic responsibilities and own local decision making to complement the national framework for music education
- An unswerving commitment to supporting the professional development of the workforce, especially in the quality of teaching and learning, as well as the quality of access and provision in music education, in schools, music services and music education hubs
- The strongest possible focus on the impacts and outcomes for children and young people, musically, personally, socially and educationally; dedication to best progress and highest achievement for all
- Clear and unequivocal support for articulating and enabling the rich and positive impacts that a first-class music education has on schools and their communities
Further information can be found at the Music Mark website.
Northamptonshire Music Education Hub Partners
NMPAT is the lead partner in the Northamptonshire Music Education Hub (NMEH), a partnership of organisations committed to delivering the aims of the National Plan for Music Education for the children and young people of Northamptonshire.