We are happy to offer support to schools in the delivery of your National Curriculum responsibilities and can provide specialist whole class teachers or consultancy support under the leadership of Deputy Head and Head of Curriculum Music, Chris Hiscock.
Whole Class National Curriculum Teaching
The Music Trust employs experienced class teachers who can be offered to your school to provide whole class National Curriculum Music Teaching for Key Stages 1-5 and support for Early Years and Foundation Stage
Fees and charges
The hourly rate for whole class curriculum teaching will be £43 per hour. Number of weeks by negotiation, but staff available for the full year
See our Terms and Conditions and General Expectations for Partnership working, for further information.
Contact, support and advice
If you would like support in this area for 2017 - 2018 please contact Chris Hiscock by Friday 19th May 2017 CHiscock@NMPAT.co.uk, in order that we can attempt to meet your individual needs. We anticipate that demand will exceed supply.
Specific expectations for schools requiring National Curriculum Classroom Teaching
enable effective practice, schools must provide a context and suitable
learning environment for classroom lessons to take place by:
- Providing an appropriate classroom for music making to take place
- Providing an appropriate range of pitched, un-pitched classroom instruments, sound makers and beaters along with their location
- Providing access to white / smart board technology and speakers
- Providing internet access, wi-fi codes and any possible limitations i.e. filters
with the teacher about any specific requirements connected with the
curriculum, to enable effective planning to be carried out e.g. termly
topics / cross curricular themes
- Providing class registers
- Advising the music teacher about any pupils with special learning needs, which may affect the learning of those pupils
the music teacher who is the school’s child protection and
safeguarding, designated person and providing a school policy
For terms and conditions and expectations of NMPAT please see Service Level Agreements, Conditions and Commitments.
Consultancy support for Music Education in schools
We would be happy to support you in any aspect of your school’s musical development and can provide Consultancy Support for:
- Induction of new staff
- Support for non-specialist teachers
- Developing a music curriculum within your school
- Teaching and Learning in the Music Classroom
- Support for Arts Mark application
- Preparation for OfSTED
Fees and charges
Consultancy work is charged at £70 per hour or £350 per day, but please do contact us to discuss your individual needs.