The Gordon Robinson Memorial Trust was founded as a tribute to the late Gordon Robinson, founder member of the Northampton Schools Orchestra’s Association. It exists to support the work of the Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust by offering financial assistance to young music makers. Registered Charity No. 283551
To encourage through reward, students of outstanding ability in music.
The Trust is the umbrella organization for a number of funding opportunities for young musicians:
The Trust is grateful to have been the beneficiary of a number of bequests and donations which can be used to meet the Charities objectives.
The Trust is particularly grateful to the following organizations for their financial support:
- The Sudborough foundation for their long-standing support of
- The Masonic Province of Northants and Huntingdon
- The Kingsley Singers
- The Rotary Club of Northampton
- St Giles’ Music for continuing subsidy of the awards
- Brass Wind Publications for supporting students in financial need with Examination Fees
- Paul Mourant Brass Repair for supporting students in financial need
- The Edna Newell Charitable Trust for supporting Music Service students to progress their musical careers at university or music college.
If you would like to contribute to the Charity or require more details, enquiries and donations should be directed to the Trust’s Chairman and Treasurer at GRtrust@NMPAT.co.uk or via the main NMPAT office.